Get the details about NAMASTE Scheme: National Action for Mechanised Sanitation Ecosystem, benefits, beneficiaries, funding, implementation, outcomes of the scheme, action plan, official portal, etc.
Hello viewers today in this article we are going to provide you the information regarding a new scheme launched by government of India called namaste scheme. This scheme is basically about Sewers Cleaners, Septic Tank Cleaners. Go through the full article to know the details under this scheme.
NAMASTE Scheme: National Action for Mechanised Sanitation Ecosystem
Indian government recently launched a new scheme called namaste scheme. The full form of NAMASTE is (National Action for Mechanized Sanitation Ecosystem) Team.
This scheme is about Sewers Cleaners and Septic Tank Cleaners. Ministry Of Social justice and Empowerment (MOSJE) and Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MOHUA) jointly launched the NAMASTE Scheme on 19th August 2022.
Overview of NAMASTE Scheme 2022
|Scheme Name||NAMASTE Scheme|
|Full Form||National Action for Mechanised Sanitation Ecosystem|
|Ministry Associated in this||Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs.|
|Aim of the scheme||To protect the Sewers/Septic Tank Cleans, to provide them training.|
|Launched on||19th August 2022|
|Beneficiaries under this scheme||Sewers and Septic Tank Workers/Sanitary Workers|
|Benefits under scheme||The workers will be provided training and stipend during training.|
Objectives of NAMASTE Scheme 2022
- The chief purpose of this scheme is to provide safety and dignity of Sanitary Workers in Urban India by creating and enabling ecosystem
- To decrease the death rate of sanitation workers in India to zero. So, the sanitary workers can perform their work properly with safety.
- To ensure that no sanitary worker will come directly in contact with human fecal matter.
- To Empower the sanitation works and make sanitation enterprises.
- To find alternative livelihoods.
- To enhance the work safety of workers
- To enhance the work safety of workers by providing them proper skills and by providing them proper machineries for the sanitation work.
Funding for NAMASTE Scheme
The NAMASTE Scheme has approved for four years which is from 2022 to 2026 within the allocation of 360 Crore.
In the last five years, there were total 350 deaths which had happened because of unavailability of equipment’s and machineries to sanitation workers. So, the government’s focus is on this area to decrease the death rate of social workers.
When the scheme will be implemented, the proper supervision and monitoring of system at state level will be done and the sanitation services will also be increased. under this scheme the skilled worker will be used and also the proper machineries will be provided to the sewers cleaner and septic tank cleaners.
Benefit of the NAMASTE Scheme
There are many benefits of this scheme for both the workers as well as to the other people. Read the benefits below: –
- The scheme will give data about how many workers are engaged in the sanitation work.
- The (SSW) Sewers and Septic Tank Workers with also be provided the Insurance benefits.
- The (SSW) Sewers and Septic Tank Workers will get the Livelihood assistant.
- The workers, who needs machineries, the government will provide them capital subsidies of 5,00,000 on the sanitation machinery costing up to 15,00,000.
- SSW will also be provided the Interest Subsidies on Loans, where interest rate will be capped between 4 to 6 percent.
- There are around five hundred cities who will be covered under this NAMASTE scheme.
- Firstly, the Training will also be provided to the sanitary workers regarding the use of machinery and also during the training the workers will also be given the stipend of 3000 rupees.
- Once the NAMASTE Scheme this will be converted with other social security schemes Such as Ujjwala Yojana and Insurance Scheme etc.
Areas covered under the scheme
- Total 500 cities covered.
- The town and cities having population more than one lakh including civilian areas will be covered under this scheme.
- All the UTs, States, cities and town who where not covered in 4(i)
- Around 10 cities form tourist places, islands and hill states, each from one state, will be covered under NAMASTE Scheme.
How the NAMASTE Scheme will Implement
- In the first action, this scheme NAMASTE (National Action for Maximize Sanitation Ecosystem) will be implemented in around 500 Cities under the Amrit Atul Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation
- Then namaste scheme will streamline the process of rehabilitation sanitation worker and identification of people who are engaged in sewer cleaning and septic tank cleaning. After that, this scheme will be merge with the self-employment scheme for the rehabilitation of manual scavenger and will replace this.
- In this government will first train the workers and then the workers will do their work professionally with the help machineries.
Expected Results from this NAMASTE Scheme
- The workers will perform their work with proper skills.
- The SSWs will have access to alternative livelihoods.
- To make sanitation work applicants to seek work from the skilled and registered workers.
- To build up the monitoring and supervisory systems at ULB, State and national levels. It will make sure the safety of sanitation workers.
As we got to know from the above article that there was total 350 workers died in last five years just because of lack of machinery and cleaning equipment’s so it is expected that it will stop the deaths of sanitary worker in India.
NAMASTE Scheme Implementation at City, State and National Level
- National Namaste Management Unit: – National Safai Karamchari Financial Development Corporation (NSKFDC) would be implementing agency for namaste. This scheme will be operated by MOSJE & MOHUA and the whole structure of namaste scheme will be monitor under managing director of National Safai Karamchari Financial Development Corporation (NSKFDC)
- State Namaste management unit: – the state government select some officers which will further designated as state namaste director to head state namaste managing unit (SNMU). The officers may be recruitment from SBM, NULM, AMRUT or any other department of the state.
- City Namaste Monetary Unit: – At city level the (PMU) Project Management Unit would be organize in group of municipalities to work as city namaste monetary unit (CNMU).
- Convergence: – convergence of program of MOSJE and MOHUA. MOSJE and MOHUA combinedly is responsible for the safety of SSWs Sewers and Sanitary workers. Hence, the main focus of this to strengthen the convergence among both minister for governance and implementation of the namaste components.
Action Plan Under this Scheme
- SHG formation of crore sanitary workers provide PPE personal protector equipment’s.
- NSKFDC to ULB will finance the equipment’s for this scheme.
- Provide work assurance to sanitary workers interested in availing sanitary related projects.
|Official Portal Link||Click Here|
|Central Govt Schemes||Visit Here|
Q1. Which Ministry implemented this NAMASTE Scheme?
- Ministry Of Social justice and Empowerment (MOSJE) and Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MOHUA) jointly launched this Scheme.
Q2. On which date NAMASTE Scheme is implemented ?
- On the date 19th August 2022.
Q3. What NAMASTE stands for?
- NAMASTE stands for National Action for Mechanised Sanitation Ecosystem.
Q4. Who are the beneficiaries of NAMASTE Scheme?
- Sewers and Septic Tank Workers are the beneficiaries.
Q5. What is the official Portal for NAMASTE Scheme?Q3.
- https://Pib.gov.in/ if the official portal.
Q6. What are the benefits of NAMASTE Scheme?
- The workers will be provided proper training and also stipend during training and there are many benefit you can read the full list from the above article.