Hello viewers, today in this article we will provide you the full information about the Odisha 270 Crore Rain Water Harvesting Scheme. CHHATA Odisha Scheme | Important and benefit of the Odisha Rainwater Harvesting Scheme and other important details etc. If you want to know the detailed information then read the complete article.
Odisha government has released a new scheme of Rainwater Harvesting Scheme named CHHATA. The full form of the CHHATA is (Community Harnessing and Harvesting Rainwater Artificially from Terrace to Aquifer). The Odisha state cabinet has also approved the investment of Rs. 270 crores for this scheme. This scheme is started to improve the groundwater table. The chief secretary of department of Water Resource Mrs. Anu Garg has said that the CHHATA scheme. Has been made after a deep study and depleting groundwater in pockets of the Odisha during summer.
Odisha 270 Crore Rain Water Harvesting Scheme
Under CHHATA scheme, the focus will be given on the improvement of the depleting ground water. And it is aimed that within next five years the 373.52 crore liters of water will be harvested.
This scheme will be implemented in Odisha’s twenty-seven urban local bodies. And fifty-two water stressed blocks, under these 5 municipal corporations will also be included. According to the 2020 feasibility conducted based on groundwater resource assessment. On the 29,500 private building roofs the rainwater harvesting structures will be build. And around 1,925 government buildings will be covered.
Overview of Odisha Rain Harvesting Scheme
|Article About||Odisha 270 crore rainwater harvesting scheme|
|Scheme Name||CHHATA (Community Harnessing and Harvesting Rainwater Artificially from Terrace to Aquifer).|
|Launched By||Odisha State Government|
|Launched On||5th September 2022|
|Purpose of the Scheme||To Improve the Groundwater Table|
|Scheme Period||2022-23 and 2026-27|
|Total scheme budget||Rs. 270 Crores|
- For each government building in 27 civic bodies, the cost of rooftop rainwater harvesting system has been estimated to be around 4.31 lakh rupees. And in the rural blocks the per building cost is 3.06 Lakh rupees.
- Under this scheme, only those people can apply who owns a building which will have less than 200 sq meters roof area. And maximum three floors in the civic bodies. Not more than three floors, they can apply under this scheme.
- The subsidy of 55,000 rupees or you can say 50% of the cost of the structure. To the beneficiary by the Odisha government right after the RRHS completion and testing by authorized officers.
- In the year 2022-23: – the Odisha government has decided to spent only 51.75 crore rupees out of 270 rupees. And till 2026-27, the 54.56 crore rupees will be spent within resting four years.
- The progress of the CHHATA scheme will be reviewed by the Rooftop Rainwater Harvesting Monitoring Committee. After reviewing the progress, the committee will send its feedback to the respective district’s collectors and departments.
- Under this scheme, The Unemployed Graduates in Geology. Graduate engineers. And diploma holders will be given training of short period on the rooftop rainwater harvesting system. Who will be selected as adviser along with the existing body.
Main Points of CHHATA Scheme
- The CHHATA Scheme has total Budget of Rs. 270 crores.
- This Scheme has initiated to improve the groundwater table.
- The state government of Odisha state has aimed of harvesting around 373.52 liters water within next five years.
- The Chhata Scheme will be Implemented in the Odisha’s twenty-seven (27) urban local bodies. And fifty-two (52) water stressed blocks, Including 5 municipal corporations.
- After the Completion and testing of RRHS, the subsidy of 55,000 rupees. Or 50% of the cost of the structure will be provided by the Odisha government.
- In 2022-23, Rs. 51.75 crore will be spent for this scheme from total budget of 270 rupees. And in the rest four year, till 2026-27, Rs. 54.56 crore will be spent.
- People who owns a building having less than 200 sq meters roof area are and maximum three floors in the civic bodies are eligible to apply for this scheme.
|Odisha Govt Schemes||Visit Here|